Some students can access free Transport Assistance to and from school through School Bus Services, provided by the Public Transport Authority.
To be eligible for Transport Assistance, a rural student attending a mainstream school must, under normal circumstances:
- Be enrolled at their Nearest Appropriate School,
- Be enrolled in a pre-compulsory or compulsory education period,
- Regularly attend their school and use the “Orange” School Bus approved for that student,.
- Reside more than 4.5 km from their school, and
- Reside outside designated Public Transport Area.
For Transport Assistance, parents and carers can apply online at: