In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten; however, compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-Primary.
Who needs to enrol?
You need to apply to enrol your children in school for 2022 if they are:
- starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2022
- starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2022
- starting Year 7, the first year of secondary school
- changing schools.
You can find out what year your children need to start school with the school age calculator at the Department of Education website.
All children of compulsory school age must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law. All children must attend school up until they are 16 years old. Sixteen and 17 year olds must be enrolled in school or a training organisation, be employed or be in a combination of school/training/employment.
Application to enrol at PDHS
To enrol at our school fill in an application to enrol form and submit to the school with your supporting documentation.
Supporting documentation required:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Record (from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register)
- Proof of Residence (service bill e.g. gas or electric bill